PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Cozumel
The PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course will teach you to see new things, even on the most familiar scuba diving sites. Why? Because when you know more about symbioses, underwater ecology, and aquatic plant and animal habitats, you notice behaviors and see creatures you may have previously missed.
Learn more about the local ecosystem and take a closer look on your next scuba diving adventure.
|Day 1:||8am to 3pm||Theory Session and 2 Shore or Boat Training Dives|
PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty2 Shore Training Dives
- 1 Theory Session
- 2 Shore Training Dives
PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty2 Boat Training Dives
- 1 Theory Session
- 2 Boat Training Dives
What's Not Included:
PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Course Details:
This PADI Specialty course consists of two main phases:
1. Knowledge development sessions to discuss:
– The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
– The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator/prey relationships.
– How to interact responsibly with aquatic life.
– The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment.
2. Two shore or boat training dives to practice techniques learned to identify animals and observe their behaviors and interactions.
The better you understand the aquatic environment, the more you’ll be able to savor the sights you encounter on your dives. Go beyond simply recognizing the occasional fish. In the course, you’ll learn to identify fish, animals and plants, and then take your knowledge to the next level with comprehension of how their interactions and behaviors affect each other and the environment.
Open Water Training Sessions:
Two open water dives will help you apply the course information to a real-world diving situation. As you look around, behavior you might have ignored before becomes a fascinating show of the interplay between species – a little like diving into your very own nature documentary.
You will learn and practice:
- Key differences between the terrestrial and aquatic worlds.
- Major aquatic life groupings, interactions and information that dispels myths.
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life.