PADI Fish Identification Specialty Cozumel
With the PADI Fish Identification Specialty, you’ll find you enjoy your dives even more when you recognize the creatures that you see and once you learn the main fish families and characteristics it will help you decipher the species you see all over the world.
You will learn about;
- How to identify the characteristics of local fish families and species.
- Fish survey techniques and strategies.
- How to practice fish identification dive planning, organisation and procedures.
- You will also understand how to protect these fragile ecosystems and what their importance means on a global scale. Many threats endanger our oceans and it’s important for every diver to understand the issues and potential solutions, and to know what local initiatives might have been implemented to safeguard their future.
|Day 1:||8am to 3pm||Theory Session and 2 Boat Training Dives|
PADI Fish Identification Specialty2 Boat Training Dives
1 Theory Session
2 Boat Training Dives
What's Not Included:
PADI Fish Identification Specialty Course Details:
This PADI Specialty course consists of two main phases:
- Knowledge development sessions to discuss about fish family groupings and common characteristics of ﬁsh species found in the local area as well as fish surveying techniques.
- Two boat training dives to practice techniques learned to successfully identify fish species.
You’ll learn about fish family groupings and common characteristics of ﬁsh species found in the local area as well as fish surveying techniques.
Open Water Training Sessions:
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
Identify ﬁsh by placing them in appropriate family groups.
Draw diagrams and describe characteristics of unfamiliar ﬁsh.
Attempt to identify speciﬁc species.
Perform a fish survey, including abundance and habitat information.