PADI Self-Reliant Diver Specialty Cozumel
PADI Self-Reliant Diver course, also referred to as the SOLO diving course, will help you refine your critical skills and learn to manage your dives independent of your dive buddy to increase your margins of safety on all dives.
Learn advanced diving skills that will help you moderate risk when diving with an unskilled buddy or when diving independently while remaining withing no-decompression recreational limits
|Day 1:||8am to 2pm||Theory Session, Skill Assessment, 1 Shore Training Dives|
|Day 2:||8am to 3pm||2 Boat Training Dives|
PADI Self-Reliant Diver Specialty1 Shore Dive & 2 Boat Dives
1 Theory Session
1 Skill Assessment
1 Shore Training Dives
2 Boat Training Dives
What's Not Included:
PADI Self-Reliant Diver Specialty Course Details:
This PADI Specialty course consists of two main phases:
1. Knowledge development sessions to discuss self-reliant techniques and redundant equipment use.
2. One shore and two boat training dives to practice techniques learned to safely dive independently or to be a better buddy.
Learning how to compensate for situations you would normally handle with a buddy is the focus of the Self-Reliant Diver course. This includes proper dive planning using air consumption rate calculations, life support system redundancy, and independent management of dive emergencies.
Open Water Training Sessions:
During three scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Diving with redundant systems in place and how to properly rig and carry redundant air systems.
- Calculate an accurate gas consumption rate.
- Essential gas management skills to safely manage your bottom times.
- Increased your skills with proper DSMB (Delayed Surface Marker Buoy) rigging and deployment from any depth.
- Refine your navigational skills.